Wednesday, January 27, 2016

B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution Q&A

After getting the hang on video production, I've decided to make a second Battle Data video on the Resident Evil franchise: B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution. I've been asked multiple questions regarding this little video's creation, some technical, some personal, so I thought I'd share my questions and answers on this Blogger post. 

So what is B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution? 

B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution is an info video (much like its predecessor: B.O.W. Battle Data - Tyrant) that focuses on T-Virus Zombies from the earlier Resident Evil games, and their progressive mutations through the process of V-ACT (Virus-Activation). It can be seen here on YouTube in fabulous HD. 

Zombies that mutate? 

Yup. Depending on the strain of the T-Virus, human infectees can either progressively mutate into Lickers as the virus ravages their system, or if they're incapacitated, are later revitalized by the T-Virus and made stronger, faster and harder to killer. Those are Crimson Heads (like the infected from 28 Days Later).

The two possible mutations of the T-Virus zombie via V-ACT: Crimson Head and Licker
What was your biggest challenge with B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution? 

Despite it being much shorter than the previous B.O.W. Battle Data, I wanted to take a different approach to introducing the video. So I opened up with the viewer looking through a File from the GameCube version of the Resident Evil remake that briefly describes V-ACT. 

You mentioned that you were going to work on “G” as the final B.O.W. Battle Data, are you still going to have that be the last one? 

I actually have a lot of fun making these videos. There is an original video that I plan on working on first, then after that I have Lisa Trevor and the Cleaners from Resident Evil: Survivor next in terms of B.O.W. Battle Data videos. As long as I can find high quality images to place for each creature, I think I can cover a lot of the baddies in the Resident Evil franchise. Right now I want to focus on the classic baddies that I sort of grew up with (Resident Evil to Resident Evil - Code: Veronica).

Next B.O.W. Battle Data: The G mutations of Resident Evil 2's William Birkin

Are there any creatures you want to work on but can't because of the limited access of high quality images? 

I'd really like to make one on the Hunters! There's so many variations like the Tyrants, but about half of them aren't presentable. Another would be of Albert Wesker (despite him not being a B.O.W.) I want to do him as his S.T.A.R.S. incarnation, then his Mr. Smith incarnation and finally his Uroboros incarnation. Unfortunately all they have are scanned images of his Uroboros form, and you can definitely tell they're scanned. Sooner or later I'd like to start a Battle Data collection for characters that aren't B.O.W.s like Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill series, Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series, or even Gex from the GEX games. 

Anything you'd like to tell the fans of your B.O.W. Battle Data videos? 

Yeah, stay tuned! I'm curious to see how far I can go with making these things #projectw #losilluminados #leeches #nyx #hinthinthint

You can check out B.O.W. Battle Data - Zombie Evolution and other great videos from the Lunar Indie Studios official YouTube channel.

Lunar Indie Studios is a creative smorgasbord that focuses on art, literature and video. 
You can visit Lunar Indie Studios on their official website site, Facebook or Twitter 
for updates on their latest projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment