Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Silence of a Silhouette - Goodbye Sunshine (Lyrics) Q&A

So on my quest to learn Adobe After Effects, I produced and uploaded my first video project, Silence of a Silhouette - Goodbye Sunshine (Lyrics). This is considered my firstborn in video production, and something I am very proud of since making lyrics videos properly is more difficult than I expected. During the video's creation, I've been asked multiple questions regarding little video's creation, some technical, some personal, so I thought I'd share my questions and answers on this Blogger post. 

So what is Silence of a Silhouette – Goodbye Sunshine (Lyrics)? 

It's a lyric video of the song Goodbye Sunshine by the Cleveland rock band, Silence of a Silhouette. The song plays, I have the words on screen fade in out in sync to what’s heard to a studio recording... that’s it really *laughs*. It can be seen here on YouTube in fabulous high definition.


Silence of a Silhouette members (l to r) Justin Sobota (bass), Jeff Hourmouzis (rhythm guitar, keyboard, backup vocals), Danny Smith (lead vocals), Andy Puch (lead guitar), Jeffrah Koteles (drums)

What made you want to work on a lyrics video? 

I thought it was a great video to start on before I can tackle the more complex projects. What got me into video production was my desire to make an info video on the Tyrants from CAPCOM’s Resident Evil game series. A friend recommended Adobe After Effects as the program to use to make it, and of course I’ve never used it before. I had to start slow with simpler videos before I could make B.O.W. Battle Data - Tyrant, so I took on two video projects to work on that no one had done before. So I did a lyric video on one of my favorite songs and a quote compilation on Gex 3 - Enter the Gecko. 

Why that particular song? 

At the time, YouTube only had live recordings of Goodbye Sunshine from shows. The recordings didn’t do that song justice, so I decided to make a lyrics video of it from a studio recording, and now viewers can enjoy the song from a better format.


Cover art for Silence of a Silhouette's 2008 album, Escaping Reality

Have you ever met Silence of a Silhouette before or had ever seen them live? 

I wish… I first heard them on a college radio station about a year or so after they broke up. 

Any idea where you can get their music? 

Their digital album Escaping Reality can be sold on Amazon here.

You can check out Silence of a Silhouette - Goodbye Sunshine (Lyrics) and other great videos from the Lunar Indie Studios official YouTube channel.


Lunar Indie Studios is a creative smorgasbord that focuses on art, literature and video. 
You can visit Lunar Indie Studios on their official website site, Facebook or Twitter 
for updates on their latest projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment